· Sunday Hospitality Hour: 7-9:30am, Help serve 120-160 individuals, including as many as twenty children under the age of eight. @ St. Francis
· Tuesday Welcome Center: 1:30-2:30pm, Help serve between 45-75 individuals a light lunch. @ Old First
· Wednesday Senior Program: 10am-1pm, Help serve 40-65 seniors. @ St. Francis
· Wednesday Free Farming: 10am-2pm, Urban farming, with produce given away free to local residents. A free vegan lunch is shared around 12pm. @ The Free Farm
· Saturday Food Preparation: 9:30am-2pm, Receive donations from local grocery stores, make sandwiches and prep the Sunday morning meal. @ St. Francis
· Saturday Free Farming: 10am-2pm, Urban farming, with produce given away free to local residents. A free vegan lunch is shared around 12pm. @ The Free Farm
· 3rd Saturday Usher, Deacon and Volunteer Training: 1-3pm One hour of education in issues about addiction, mental health and poverty issues followed by an hour of connecting with individuals from other congregations to learn what is working in other spaces. @ St. Francis
· 2nd and 4th Saturday Community Dinners: Eat with 150-300 guests. Hosting opportunities to serve the meal are also available. @ Old First
Upcoming Training Events:
· April 20th, Support for homeless veterans: 1-3pm, Learn about resources available for homeless veterans in our community, in partnership with the San Francisco VA. @ St. Francis
· April 30th, Food Safety Training: 1-4pm, Learn proper food handling and safety. Location information provided to individuals who RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Old First Presbyterian Church is located at 1751 Sacramento St in San Francisco. Push the button marked “Munro Room” near the Sacramento entrance (wooden door with glass windows in it) to enter the building. Free parking is available for volunteers at the Old First Parking Garage with validation.
St. Francis Lutheran Church is located at 152 Church St in San Francisco. Push the button on the gate (near the Memorial Terrace )marked “parish hall” for volunteer activities or “conference room” for training events.
The Free Farm is located at the corner of Eddy and Gough in San Francisco.
If you have any questions about any volunteer or training opportunities, email email@example.com to learn more.